Since I’ve written so many novellas and stories, I figured I’d toss up a reading order. Basically, everything besides the main novels is 100% optional.
However, these side stories allow me to explore secondary characters and bits of the characters’ pasts that just wouldn’t fit into the narrative arc of the core novels.
So for completionists, here’s the correct reading order:
The Half-Demon Rogue Trilogy
The Half-Demon Rogue Trilogy takes place in 2016/2017 and stars half-demon Kalos Aeon.
- Storm Pale (prequel novella; 1,000 BCE; how Kalos met Isabella Kronos, his main adversary in the trilogy)
- Demon Rogue (Book 1)
- Blood Frost (Book 2)
- Moon Burn (Book 3)
The Ruby Callaway Trilogy
The Ruby Callaway Trilogy takes places over twenty years after the Half-Demon Rogue Trilogy, in 2039, and stars bounty hunter Ruby Callaway. Technically, it’s a spinoff “sequel” to the Half-Demon Rogue Trilogy, since it deals with the fallout from the last book Moon Burn.
However, you absolutely do not need to read the Half-Demon Rogue Trilogy beforehand. Some of the characters crossover in The Ruby Callaway Trilogy (and vice versa), since the trilogies are set in the same world.
- Bone Realm (prequel novella; 1812; how Ruby became a bounty hunter)
- Lightning Blade (Book 1) > “Silver Tempest” (short side story; how Ruby met Serenity Cole in 1993)
- Shadow Flare (Book 2) > Kentucky Clear (side novella; how Ruby met Maximo the half-titan in 1959)
- Blood River (Book 3) > Going Home (side novella; how Ruby met Harcourt Leblanc, the only mark to ever evade her grasp, in 2006)
The Eden Hunter Trilogy
The Eden Hunter Trilogy takes place in 2018, and stars con artist Eden Hunter. It’s all-new and does not share a world with the two trilogies mentioned above.
- Soul Break (prequel novella takes place a few weeks before Book 1)
- Soul Storm (Book 1)
- Soul Fire (Book 2)
- Soul Bite (Book 3)
Again, none of the side stories or novellas are mandatory reading. They just explore the mythos, lore and characters of the world in greater detail. Interested in checking them out? You’ll get them for free (all six of them!) when you sign-up for my newsletter.